Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Walking By Faith


"We Walk by Faith, not By Sight" 2 Corinthians 5:7
Walking by faith is not an option, but the way of the Christian life. We believe in Jesus whom we have not Seen, a Heaven we have not been to, and a Hell we don't want.
We believe in a Love that surrounds us and embrasses us like a Warm blanket on a cold night. Things we can feel and Know, but can't be seen or touched. So "we walk by Faith" and "Faith is the Substance of things hoped for the Evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1
We don't see the wind, but we feel the effects of the wind. We don't see oxygen, but breathe it in anyway, reaping the rewards of it. So how do we walk this out?
There are so many scriptures about Faith and what it is, and so Many teachers teaching us that Faith makes all our problems go away. "All we need is faith." But the Truth is, Faith doesn't solve the problems, it gives us hope thru the problems. It's like going somewhere you have never been and you have to use GPS or Maps.
GPS doesn't get you to where you are going, it tells you how to get their and where "There" is. So Faith is believing in the Direction of the GPS, "God's Positioning System" or what I call the Bible, also know as God's Map for our lives.
If you ever had to follow a Map or GPS to get somewhere, you were driving by faith. You hadn't been there before. You didn't know where "There" was, but believed what you saw and what you were told would get you there. So, Jesus came and showed us the way. He gave us the Map and said "Come follow me, for where I am there you will be also." But like so many, we believe we don't need a map, or that we can find it with out Directions. So we trust in our Minds, our Schooling, our Parents, Teachers, and worst sometimes, Friends, to show us the way.
Jesus stands at our Door knocking, beckoning us, "I am the way. I am the Truth, and I am the life, no one comes to the Father with out ME."
Where is your Trust? What map or GPS are you using? How often do you look at the Map (Bible), or God's Positioning System?

5 comments:

  1. Wow i look at GPS in a whole different light. Now if we can all just let God TAKE CONTROL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's supe awesome I've never thought of it like that.. And I think that following god is exactly like a map you have your ups and downs that god choses to put you though you have your dead ends and pointless circles that aren't pointless in the end the thing that matters is following god through all those times and not losing faith in him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right. Traveling by faith may take you in directions you didn't want to go, and down some streets that are not so desireable, but like you said, it's not where we are or what block we are on, but on where we are going. What may be a dead end for us is a divine appointment by God if we have the eyes to see and ears to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who would have known that my life as well as our Families be connected as we are. IF you would have asked me a year ago if I would be doing what I'm doing, teaching, and becoming good friends with all ya'll, and Masha, I would have laughed. But what look like a Dead End for the Youth group, and highly unlikely for myself, is now happening. But if neither of us were following our GPS and Map, we would never have met.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree completely, I would have never thought that I would be here right now. But through all the hard times and "Dead ends" I have made a family that will last forever and I love yall so much. Im thankful for everything and it just makes me have that much more fatih in God. I makes me wasnt to run down the roads and make all the mistakes just because I know it will get better and Im super pump.. Im ready to follow Gods Map for me and see where it takes me in life.

    ReplyDelete