Sunday, July 18, 2010

MOM!!!

I don't know why, but when I was in High School I had so much fun with my mom. She seemed to always be there for me. Even though she worked 2 jobs, she was at Everyone of my Basketball games, taking me to every Doctor's appointment, and there for all my late night Kidney Stones. So how do you thank someone like this? Here's how.. At bed time I would holler, "MOM!!" and she would come to my room not knowing or questioning anything and I would say, "Just wanted to see if you would come." Each time she would Respond, "You know I would."
So the next time I would holler, "Mom!" and she would come back and I would ask, "Can I have a glass of water?" And she would go get it..
So why do I bring this up? I think God is alot like this. We call out to Him and he is there. Sometimes in the middle of the night, when all is dark, silent, and maybe bleak, we cry out "God!" and he is there. We may be just be checking to see if He will come, and our Father in Heaven says,"I will never leave you nor forsake you." "And Lo I am with you Always."
Or Maybe we need more than just assurance God is there. Maybe there is a Real need, like those late night Kidney Stones, were we cry out in Pain and feel like we are going to die. And God is there, holding our hands thru it all. Sometimes it's thru Healing, sometimes it's thru endurance. But our pain is not the Absent of God, but the Presence of Life and Sin. Knowing that our old body will be done away with and we will receive a New Body. (Which I already have the Design for mine.) There will be no more Pain, No more Suffering, and no more Crying.
But for now, while we are here in our Beds, we can cry out, "God!!" and when he says "Yes, what do you need?" Mabye we just need that Glass of water before bed.

2 comments:

  1. That's so awesome and I love that our God is such a loving God and he is always there because he loves us. Just knowing that he is always there no matter the time of day or the reason of my saying "God!" he will come. It's like ye message today, the whole knock knock, I think Gods door is wide open or us to come in and feel welcome. He will always be there saying "yes son?" or "what is it daughter?" and I think that is something to smile about and be thankful for. A forever open door that the King of Kings stands behinds, waiting for us to knock or call out when in need. You have to knock and call for him to come to you saying what is it.. Knock and it shall be open ask and you shall receive.. Are you asking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesus said, "Ask and you shall receive, seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened. For whoever asks receives, whoever seeks finds, and whoever knocks it shall be opened."
    What are we seeking? What are we asking? What door are we knocking on?

    ReplyDelete