Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Hope - An Anchor to our Souls

Romans 5:2 "We exult in hope of the Glory of God" and Verse 5 "Hope does not disappoint for the love of God has been poured out with in our hearts through the Holy Spirit."
What is this hope? A Wishful thinking? "Oh, I wish for a million dollars." No, hope is translated as Expectation, Trust, a Confidence, an expecting..
"This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, a hope both sure and steadfast " Hebrews 6:19
This shows that hope is not like the world's hope but that which is sure and steadfast. Unmovable. Reliable. Trustworthy. The word of God is filled with "his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature" 2 Peter 1:4
How we live and how we talk reveals in us and the world around us how we view God and His word.. Do we Expect God to Act? Do we Trust that He will deliver? Do we have confidence in his Love that He will not fail us? The world sees hopelessness. At Best the world wishes.. But as for us we know. We Believe. We Trust. We Expect. We have Confidence.. "Greater is he that is in us than he that is in the World." "I will never leave you nor forsake you." or "Peace I leave you, My peace I give you, not as the world gives." "And their Faces shall Never be Ashamed."
As Psalms 42:5 "5Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and 6my God."

No comments:

Post a Comment