Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Passion, Deep Passion

Passion, fervor, fire, or zeal.. These nouns denote powerful, intense emotion. Passion is a deep, overwhelming emotion. It was said of Jesus in the Old Testiment, " Zeal for my house has consumed me." I sometimes find myself not so zealous, or passionate about my Father's house or even better, his Kingdom. For I know, ""'Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. What kind of house will you build for me? says the Lord. Or where will my resting place be?"
Jesus was so passionate about that which represented His Father, and what are we passionate about? Sports, our big game of the week? Our Tv Shows? Our kids activities??? But Jesus had one Passion.. His Father's Business.. So now we have been given this Mission.. "As the Father has sent me, so I send you." Now, how are we comparing to the example set before us?
Does our compassion, zeal, fervor, fire, or Passion look like Jesus'? "As you have received Christ Jesus, so walk in him." Our walk, our talk, our passion should be that of the things of God. Our Zeal should be to make him known. Our Love should be to make his love real to others.
Our talk should be that of His greatness and power.. It should consume us..

No comments:

Post a Comment